Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Altered gift idea for kids!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

When I originally thought about what to post today, I thought I would post some Thanksgiving goodies or "I'm thankful for..." cards. But, then I figured the internet and digi-land would be FULL of those types of things, and MAN, WAS I RIGHT?!?! Not that I don't like those types of things, {in fact, I looooove them} but I wanted to do something a little different.

So, I'm here today to bring you a hybrid gift idea for kids! I mean, it's almost Christmas, right??

So, here's what I came up with...a small sticker book!






My poor daughter is forced to roam the isles of the local hobby and scrapbook stores almost daily (I know...she's pitiful, right?!?). The only thing that keeps her happy in those stores is looking through racks and racks of stickers. Luckily, she's developed a fondness for the stickers and now the visits to the scrapbook stores are much less painful!

The problem with this is, she was putting her new {totally awesome} scrapbook stickers on random pieces of paper and they were all getting thrown away or lost {NOT good, given the cost of some of those sticker sets}!

So, I created a sticker book for her using the Triple Scoop, "This One's for the Girls" with MandaBean and Heather Roselli. It is an awesome girly kit, perfect for lots of projects!

I already had a pack of cardstock sized 4.5" x 6.5" that I knew we could use, so I made my front and back covers 5" x 7". I designed the covers and printed them out. I then Mod Podged them to a thicker tag board to give them strength and durability. Once they were dry, I bound them together with the cardstock papers inside and voila - instant sticker book!

She's had the book for a few weeks and it is a hit with her friends at school! I even considered making them for Christmas gifts, but mass production isn't really my thing when it comes to hybrid projects!

Anyway, I hope this idea has been helpful and if you decide to try it, please come back and link us up! I'd love to see your creations!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Hugs,
Leigh ♥

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love it! And I agree about the mass production thing, most projects I do are originals never to be exactly duplicated... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adorable! my girls love sticker books!

    ReplyDelete